Now that form one 2020 selection process has been completed, KCPE 2019 students can now check the school they have been admitted to.
The reporting date for form one 2020 is on 13th January 2020.
To check secondary school selected SMS your index number to 22263 (the code works for safaricom, Airtel and Telkom). The sms charges ksh. 25.
How to download form one 2020 admission letter.
Its important to note that secondary schools do not send admission letters to students. The ministry of education has provided a simple online platform where form one 2020 students can conveniently download their admission letter.
To download your letter follow these steps:
- Go to: Form one 2020 admission letter For National Schools, Form one 2020 admission letter For Extra county Schools and Form one 2020 admission letter For County Schools.
- Select the county and sub-county you sat KCPE then key in your index number and Submit.
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the printer icon to print or download icon to download to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
- Finally, present it for admission together with a certified copy of birth certificate
Online Form one 2020 joining instructions
Once the student has downloaded the form one 2020 admission letter, the next thing is to go through the details and prepare adequately for admission exercise.
Here are the details and joining instructions found on form one 2020 admission letter
In this write up am going to use joining instructions for students selected to join Mangu high school
- Details and the the logo of the secondary school the student has been admitted to.
- Name of the student and a congratulatory message for securing admission.
- A section where the student will take the letter to primary school for endorsement from the Primary headteacher. No that the headteacher must embed a signature and official rubber stamp of the school.
- The letter will also indicate the reporting date for the student. The student will be expected to arrive at the school during working hours between 8.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. on the first day of reporting. It will be inconvenient for you to arrive outside these hours or during weekends as there would not be personnel to attend to you. When reporting for admission, you must bring with you:
- A letter of introduction from either the Chief of your area, the pastor or the Father-in-Charge of your Parish / Mission.
- A letter of introduction from your Primary School Headteacher.
- A certified copy of your result slip for K. C. P. E. Examination.
- A certified copy of your BIRTH CERTIFICATE or document to prove your date of birth.
- Two Passport Size Photos.
- Photocopy of the I.D.s’ of parent(s) / guardian.
- A medical certificate (Fill in the provided medical form MHS/A/3)
BOOKS & OTHER CURRICULUM MATERIALS
For your personal use, you must bring the following:
- The Archdiocese of Nairobi School Hymnal (to be purchased from school)
- The Holy Bible (Revised Standard Version).
- Geometrical Set
Please note that the school does not offer special diet to students. However, any medical concern on your health must be reported to the School Nurse immediately on admission.
You must provide yourself with two blankets, at least two pairs of bed sheets, (minimum size 150 x 225), 2 pillowcases, a mosquito net (conical 3 x 6 Blue in colour).
Each student is expected to provide himself with such items as:
- A pair of black shoes (“Toughees”)
- A pair of sports shoes
- 6 white Under-wears and 6 white Vests
- 4 Handkerchiefs
- Toilet and washing soap
- Shoe polish
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A plate and a spoon
- A ¼ litre cup (standard size)
- A metal bucket, 2 rubber squizzers & a slasher
- Trunk (strong lockable metal box) and 2 padlocks
Fees payment guidelines for 2020
The admission letter will also contain fees structure as provided by the ministry of education.
Here is a fees structure for MANGU HIGH SCHOOL 2020
|FEES STRUCTURE FOR YEAR 2020|
|VOTEHEAD||TOTAL||GOK||PARENT||Term I||Term II||Term III|
|L. T. & T.||3,454.00||1,833.00||1,621.00||800.00||480.00||341.00|
|Medical & Insurance||1,999.00||1,999.00||–||–||–||–|
- The following items should be paid together with Term 1 Fess:
(i) School Uniform Kshs. 15,250.00
(ii) School ID Card Kshs. 400.00
- All Payments should strictly be made by Banker’s Cheque drawn in favour of MANGU HIGH SCHOOL or deposited to School Account No. 031-1097350 Barclays Bank Thika.
- When sending fees by post, please indicate the official Name, Class and Admission Number of the student.