Pharmacy Technicians are mandated with receiving, confirming and filing prescriptions, counselling patients on rational use of medicines, managing inventory in the entire drug supply chain, extemporaneous preparation of products, pharmaceutical sales and marketing detailing consultants, chemical analysis in the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory affairs in pharmaceutical companies.
The course is offered at Diploma level and it takes three years.
- List of KMTC Short courses; Target Group, Campus offered, Duration and Fees
- KMTC minimum Requirements to Upgrade Certificate course to Diploma level
- List of diploma courses offered at KMTC,Entry Qualifications and Requirements and campus offered
- KMTC Higher Diploma (Post basic) Courses; minimum entry requirements and course duration
- List of accreditted KMTC campuses per county in Kenya
To pursue this course one must have at least KCSE Mean Grade C, C in English or Kiswahili, Chemistry/ Physical Sciences and Biology or Biological Sciences C in any one of the following: – Physics/Physical Sciences or Mathematics
|Course||Duration||KMTC Campus Where Course is Offered||Minimum Entry |
|Diploma||Pharmacy||3 years||Selected KMTC Campuses||Mean Grade C, C in English or Kiswahili, Chemistry/ Physical Sciences and Biology or Biological Sciences C in any one of the following: – Physics/Physical Sciences or Mathematics|