KMTC Entry Requirements
To join KMTC to pursue a Certificate course, you must have a minimum of C- with specific qualifications in cluster subjects in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations (KCSE). For Diploma programmes, you must have attained a minimum of C with specific qualifications in cluster subjects.
Upgrading courses require that a candidate has a certificate in a respective field while for Higher Diploma programmes, candidates must have attained a Diploma course as per the following guidelines.
- List of KMTC Short courses; Target Group, Campus offered, Duration and Fees
- KMTC minimum Requirements to Upgrade Certificate course to Diploma level
- List of diploma courses offered at KMTC,Entry Qualifications and Requirements and campus offered
- KMTC Higher Diploma (Post basic) Courses; minimum entry requirements and course duration
- List of accreditted KMTC campuses per county in Kenya
- KMTC student portal for course registration,admission letter,fee payments,scholarships; KMTC online course application process
- How to apply online for KMTC Courses through application Portal – admissions.kmtc.ac.ke
The following table is a summary of the requirements for courses offered:
Level of training
Duration of training
A minimum aggregate of C- with relevant combination of other subjects is a requirement.
2 years with the exception of nursing which takes 2 ½ years
KCSE mean grade of C (or equivalent) with relevant combination of other subjects such as English, Kiswahili, Biology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Physical Sciences.
3 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 3 ½ years
Holders of a certificate in relevant fields and at least two years working experience.
2 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 18 Months
Holders of basic Diploma in relevant fields and at least a minimum of two years working experience.
Individuals and groups such as corporate bodies, companies and government ministries interested in any course or courses can make a written request for arrangements to be made.
2 weeks – 3 Months