The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperative the National Value Chain Support Programme (NVSP) is seeking to recruit twenty–five (25) enumerators per ward in 25 selected counties.
Enumerators will undertake farmer registration for the e-voucher input management programme under the national value chain support program (NVSP)
The National Value Chain Support Programme (NVSP) is an initiative under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperative; State Department for Crop Development and Agricultural Research, whose main objective is providing approximately 1.4 million high needs farming households with access to wide range of agricultural inputs through a nationwide e–voucher subsidy programme as envisaged in the Agricultural Sector Transformation and Growth Strategy (ASTGS)
The programme intends to support small holder farmers in the twenty–five (25) counties listed below with inputs packages to support production of Coffee, maize, Sorghum, Green grams, rice and Irish potato (one value chain per county) starting with the 2021 long rain cropping season (March/April/ May 2021).
To checkout counties and wards selected and respective crops see the document below:
To successfully roll out the e–voucher system, the programme intends to urgently carryout a farmer registration exercise in the above wards by 31st January, 2021. Kindly but urgently inform the CECs in charge of Agriculture to recruit 25 remunerators per ward as shown above by 7th January 2021.
The criteria for selecting the enumerators is
- Minimum academic qualification KCSE mean grade C
- Must be computer literate and able to use a tablet
- Must be a resident of the ward where the exercise will be undertaken.
- Must be able to communicate in Kiswahili and local dialect
- Graduates and continuing university students will have an added advantage
The following are the proposed members of the recruitment panel at the sub county level:
- County Director of Agriculture – Chair
- Sub County Agricultural officer – Member
- Sub County Human Resource Management Officer – Secretary
- Ward Administrator – Member
- Ward Agricultural Officer – Member
The panel allowances will be met by the programme.