The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announced recruitment of general service officer (GSO) cadets, undergraduate, degree holders, specialist officers, general duty recruits, tradesmen/women and constables, which is slated for the month of February 2021.
- Be a Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan ID. Additionally, four copies of the ID and PIN certificates will be required.
- Age – Between 18 and 26 years old for GSO cadets, general duty recruits and tradesmen/women with certificates/government trade test, not above 30 years for specialist officers, Tradesmen/women with diplomas, and not above 39 years for chaplains/imaams.
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Minimum Height :
(a) Men – 1.60m (5ft 3in)
(b) Women – 1.52m (5ft)
Minimum Weight :
(a) Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(b) Women – 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
8. Specialist officers and tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two years of practising experience in their field of specialisation from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with C + in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three years leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
General Service Officer (GSO) Cadet – Undergraduate Degree Holders.
Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet above and be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/institution in any of the disciplines being recruited.
The training period for this category will be eleven months.
- Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet above except for chaplains / imaams who must hold a minimum mean grade of C + in KCSE.
- Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/ institution and be registered with a regulatory/statutory body (where applicable) in any of the disciplines listed.
- The training period for specialist officers will be six months.
- Servicemen/women General Duty Recruits. – Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below :
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C ( Plain ) in KCSE, a relevant diploma or above from a recognized institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D + in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with government trade test grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
(C) National Youth Service (NYS) trained technicians or artisans who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired NationalYouth Serviceman/woman.
- Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
- Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
- Must have served for nine years in the Colour Service and retired honourably from KDF.
A list of vacancies available for cadets with undergraduate degrees and diplomas can be accessed on KDF’s official social media accounts.
Detailed CVs which should include height and weight, clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates, professional body membership certificates and ID must be attached to the application and addressed to the :
Suitable candidates are reminded that applications for specialist officers and tradesmen/women should reach the addressee on or before February 8, 2021. Shortlisted candidates for specialist officers and tradesmen/women shall be notified through the print media between February 18 February 25, 2021.
It is important to note that the KDF recruiting teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the recruitment centres in every sub-county to recruit GSO Cadets, General Service Officer Cadets – Undergraduate degree holders, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables.