Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions of Deputy Director Of Vocational Education And Training (five (5) posts).
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Ksh. 99,900 – Ksh. 169,140 p.m (CSG 6)
Ksh.20, 000 – 50,000 p.m (Depending on duty station)
|Leave Allowance:||As existing in the Civil Service|
|Annual Leave||30 working days per financial year|
|Medical Cover:||As provided by the government|
|Terms of Service:||Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement|
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving in the grade of Principal Vocational and Technical Training Officer, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelors degree in either Education or Education Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;ORa Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines – Pure/Applied Sciences, Home Economics, Agriculture Economics, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Building Sciences, Petroleum Studies, Geophysical Sciences, Information and Communications Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Hospitality Management, Business Administration/Management or equivalent and relevant qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya plus a Post GraduatenDiploma/Diploma in Education from a recognized institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director, Vocational Education and Training. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- coordinating for promotion of entrepreneurship and vocational education skills improvements;
- coordinating and promoting vocational training co curricula activities
- organizing with industries and other stakeholders on vocational training
- promoting culture of research and innovation within the vocational training system;
- promoting outreach programmes; and
- implementing vocational training policies and designing and developing vocational training programmes and service charters.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Job Opportunities: Assistant director, Vocational education and training; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity: Deputy Director Of Vocational Education And Training; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity: Assistant Director, National Registration (Persons) ; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity: Assistant Director, Civil Registration Service; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity: Deputy Director, Civil Registration Service ; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity: Assistant Deputy Director, National Cohesion; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunities: Deputy Director, National Cohesion; Requirements, Application, Salary
- Job Opportunity As Director, National Cohesion Post; Requirements, Application, Salary