Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions of Deputy Director, Civil Registration Service (one post).
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Read also: How to log in to Public Service Commission portal for application of internships and jobs
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Ksh. 99,900 – Ksh.169,140 p.m (CSG 6)
Ksh.20, 000 – 50,000 p.m (Depending on duty station)
|Leave Allowance:||As existing in the Civil Service|
|Annual Leave||30 working days per financial year|
|Medical Cover:||As provided by the government|
|Terms of Service:||Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement|
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving at the grade of Principal Civil Registration Officer, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Science, Sociology, Statistics/Economics, Government/Political Science, Public Administration, Population Studies, Law, Anthropology or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capabilities in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
- interpreting the provision of the Births and Deaths Act Cap 149;
- coordinating development of Civil Registration strategic plans;
- reviewing Civil Registration policies, plans and strategies;
- coordinating research and innovation on Civil Registration;
- coordinating the designing of Civil Registration information management system;
- collaborating with other relevant authorities and stakeholders in reviewing Civil Registration statutes;
- coordinating the development of training programmes for Civil Registration;
- mobilizing Civil Registration resources;
- coordinating preparation of Civil Registration periodic reports; and
- coordinating Civil Registration performance management systems.