Applications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Director, National Cohesion(one post).
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
|Salary Scale:||Ksh.133,870 – Ksh.197,800 p.m. (CSG 5)|
|House Allowance:||Ksh.48, 000 – 60,000p.m (Depending on duty station)|
|Commuter Allowance:||Ksh.20, 000p.m|
|Leave Allowance:||As existing in the Civil Service|
|Annual Leave||30 working days per financial year|
|Medical Cover:||As provided by the government|
|Terms of Service:||Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement|
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Assistant Director, National Cohesion, CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors degree in any Social Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in Peace/Conflict management studies or any other relevant SocialScience from a university recognized in Kenya;
- excellent public relations and communication skills; and
- a thorough knowledge and understanding of national goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to the management and functions and national cohesion and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, National Cohesion will be responsible to the Secretary, National Cohesion for planning, budgeting, directing, controlling and coordinating operations of National Cohesion Department. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- initiating development and review of policies, strategies and objectives on national cohesion and values in liaison with other stakeholders;
- overseeing the implementation of programs and activities for the achievement of national cohesion and values;
- promoting national values through establishment of institutions, legislations and advocacy;
- identifying issues and areas for policy formulation on national cohesion and values;
- monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities;
- approving the developed information, education and communication materials, briefs, speeches, memoranda, concept papers and reports;
- coordinating advocacy on national cohesion and values and stakeholder;
- lobbying for media support in the promotion of national cohesion and values;
- conducting research, disseminating findings, and implementing recommendations; and
- overseeing the financial and asset management of the department and institute operational accountability.