Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions of Deputy Director, National Cohesion(five posts).
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
|Salary Scale:||Ksh. 99,900 – Ksh. 169,140 p.m. (CSG 6)|
|House Allowance:||Ksh.20, 000 – 50,000 p.m. (Depending on duty station)|
|Commuter Allowance:||Ksh.16, 000p.m|
|Leave Allowance:||As existing in the Civil Service|
|Annual Leave||30 working days per financial year|
|Medical Cover:||As provided by the government|
|Terms of Service:||Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement|
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving at the grade of Principal Cohesion Officer, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any Social Science from a university recognized in Kenya; excellent public relation and communication skills; and
- a thorough knowledge and understanding of national goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to the management and functions and national cohesion and values.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- identifying issues and areas for policy formulation on National Cohesion and Values;
- planning and developing programmes and activities to address National Cohesion and Values;
- monitoring and evaluating programmes and activities;
- validating the development of information, education and communication materials;
- carrying out advocacy on National Cohesion and Values;
- coordinating stakeholder consultation forums;
- undertaking research and conducting sensitization campaigns on national cohesion; and
- assisting in training, development and implementation of staff performance