Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions of Assistant director, Vocational education and training (five (5) posts).
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Ksh. 87,360- Ksh.121,430 p.m. (CSG 7)
Ksh.16, 800 – 45,000p.m (depending on duty station)
|As existing in the Civil Service
|30 working days per financial year
|As provided by the government
|Terms of Service:
|Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement
For appointment to this grade an officer must have
- served for a minimum period of nine (9) years and currently serving in the grade of Senior Vocational and Technical Training Officer, CSG 9 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelors degree in either Education or Education Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;
a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines – Pure/Applied Sciences, Home Economics, Agriculture Economics, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Building Sciences, Petroleum Studies, Geophysical Sciences, Information and Communications Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Hospitality Management, Business Administration/Management or equivalent and relevant qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya plus a Post Graduate Diploma/Diploma in Education from a recognized institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities at this level will entail:
- organizing stakeholders for curriculum design;
- development, implementation, examination and certification in conjunction with relevant bodies;
- organizing stakeholders forums for collaborations, linkages and partnerships developing memorandum of understanding and agreements with County Governments and other stakeholders;
- undertaking research in vocational skills training;
- monitoring and evaluating development partner projects;
- creating linkages with the industry to promote apprenticeship and internship in vocational training;
- coordinating vocational training centers;
- participating in exhibitions and trade fairs; and
- disseminating information on outreach programmes in liaison with County Government.