Cadets jobs in Kenya are advertised each and every year. They are recruited to join KDF, GSU and the Police for senior roles.
Unlike other servicemen/women who are only required to produce a high school certificate with as low as D plain, cadets are recruited with slightly high qualifications. For one to think of joining General Service Unit(GSO), he/she should have at least B plain in KCSE.
Qualifications for One to apply Cadets
Advertisements to recruit qualified individuals are usually made through print and electronic media. One should meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) Be Kenyan citizens
(2) Be aged between 18 and 26 years
(3) Not be less than 5 ft 3 in. (5’3”) high
(4) Weigh at least:
(a) Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb)
(b) Women – 50 Kg (110 lb)
(5) Be medically fit
(6) Not have a criminal record
(7) Be in possession of a valid National Identity Card
(8) Hold a mean Grade B (Plain) certificate or higher standard of education. Preference to be given to graduates.
(9) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant.
Remember that any graduate candidate who opts to join the Defence Forces as a GSO will lose all the benefits accorded to a Specialist Officer and will have to fulfill all conditions laid down for a GSO.
Starting Salary for Fresh Cadets
After successfully undergoing all necessary training, fresh cadets enjoy not less than Kshs 60,000 per month.