TSC has already sent letters of employment offer for tutors who were employed prior to mass recruitment of may this year. According to the information provided in the letter, the teacher is supposed to report to the station by 9th July 2018 or should not report later than 30 days effective from the day the letter was sent (28th June 2018).
Here are the key points from employment offer letter:
- The day a teacher starts teaching will be effective date of employment.
- The normal period of probation is six months but this may be extended if the teacher is not satisfying as per the TPAD ratings.
- At the end of the probation period, the teacher should apply to Teacher service commission for confirmation through the headteacher.
- The teacher will enjoy between Kshs 395,856 p.a to Kshs 511,704 p.a. He or she is also entitled to allowances where applicable.
- The teacher should be ready to teach in any educational institution depending on where the commission will place you.
- Before considering a transfer to another station, a teacher must ensure that he or she has served in his initial posting station for a period of not less than five years.
Here is a copy of the a letter of employment offer from TSC.