Each year TSC advertise employment opportunities for primary schools teachers and post primary schools tutors through print media. This gives opportunity to trained teachers who are unemployed.
Though primary teacher employment takes time, the good thing is that ultimately one will secure a job. Applicants for primary post must be holders of P1 certificate. In addition be a Kenyan citizen aged 44 years and below.
Just like the case of secondary teacher recruitment, length of stay and P1 qualifications also play a vital role in employment of P1 teachers. Apart from length of stay since completion of teaching course, the age bracket of an individual has some weight in ones employment.
During the selection day one should carry the following original documents to sub-county selection panel;
- National Identity card.
- CPE/KCPE certificate (including first attempt certificate if one repeated exam).
- PTE certificate.
- School/college leaving certificates.
Sub county selection panel shall include the following;
- Sub-County Director – Chairperson
- TSC Sub-County Human Resource Officer – Secretary
- All zonal Curriculum Support Officer – Members
Here is the score sheet for P1 employment;
Keep in mind that the process of selection is transparent and only a qualified candidate carries the day. However, if one is not satisfied with process, there is a laid down mechanism to register your dissatisfaction.
Complaints( What to do in case of dissatisfactions)
Any candidate who is dissatisfied with the whole exercise of employment should complain immediately in writing to the TSC county director and a copy sent to TSC headquarters within a period of not more than 7 days after the selection exercise. TSC county director will analyze such complaints and submit a report to TSC headquarters with necessary recommendations.
- TSC county directors in all 47 counties and their contacts
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2018
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2018
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2018
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2018
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in kenya 2018
- TSC hardship Ares in Kenya