Safaricom is undoubtedly the leading telecommunication company in East Africa and beyond. The telco company enjoys a huge number country’s subscribers a total of over 30 million.
Mpesa Transactions that remain to be free
As the company announces new transaction charges. Its important to note that the following mpesa services will remain to be free;
- Sending ksh 100 or less to a registered mpesa number.
- Buying airtime through mpesa.
- Registering for Mpesa.
- Mpesa balance enquiry.
- Changing Mpesa pin.
The maximum transaction through Mpesa remains to be Ksh 300,000. However, Kenyans will deeper into their pockets as the new charges for the money transfer service MPesa take effect.
New Mpesa transaction charges 2023
Here is the new mpesa chart with new transaction charges;
These are charges that a customer incurs depending on the amount of transaction and the transaction type i.e. sending or withdrawing.
Below are M-PESA Tariffs.
|Transaction Range (Kshs)|
|Min||Max||Transfer to other|
|Transfer to unregistered users||Transfer to other M-PESA users, Pochi La Biashara, and Business Till to customer||Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent|
|Min (Kshs)||Max (Kshs)||M-PESA Charges|
|Other Transactions||M-PESA Charges|
|Buy Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA balance inquiry||FREE|
|Change M-PESA PIN||FREE|
|B2C Tariff & One Account B2C Tariff|
- Maximum Account Balance is Kshs.300,000
- Maximum daily transaction value is kshs.300,000
- Maximum amount per transaction is Kshs.150,000
- The minimum amount you can withdraw at an M-PESA Agent is Kshs.50
- To initiate M-PESA person to person self-reversal, send the transaction confirmation to 456
- To be able to transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- One can deposit funds only into M-PESA account registered under their own identification document (ID). Depositing directly into third party accounts is not allowed.
- You will earn Bonga Points from the M-PESA fee charged when you transact.
- To transact at any M-PESA agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document with which the M-PESA was registered, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport
- Dial *334# to view application charges or use M-PESA cost calculator on My Safaricom App