National Intelligence Service-NIS is a body established under Article 242 of the constitution of Kenya,2010, which is mandated for collecting intelligence in Kenya. Its is one of the best paying institutions in the country.
1. Qualifications to join NIS
- Aged between 22-31 years
- Be in possession of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade C+ (plus) or its equivalent.
- Be in possession of a degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen without a criminal record.
- Be physically fit.
2. Documents required for one to apply NIS
- National ID (mandatory)
- Passport photo image (Mandatory)
- University/College/Tertiary education completion certificate(s)-(Mandatory)
- O-Level School completion certificate (Mandatory)
- O-Level School leaving certificate(Optional)
Once you’ve ensured that you meet all above qualifications and the required documents, then you can now create your profile by clicking here and follow all steps provided.
Remember that during the process of joining NIS body, no fee is charged at application stage, interview stage, processing stage and even during training stage.
3. Salary of NIS officers
If you possess a diploma certificate, you will enjoy a starting salary of Ksh70,000.
Graduate Trainees with a degree in any field will earn above Ksh120,000.