Getting verified on Facebook is a great way to establish brand credibility online. Both large brands and local businesses can be verified on the platform.
The gray or blue verified badge lets your audience know you’re authentic and helps your page show up higher in search results so potential customers can easily find your business.
Once you’ve filled out as much information about your business as possible (and check that it’s up to date), you’re ready to apply for verification.
Use these simples steps:
- Click on Settings at the top of your Facebook Page
- From the General menu, click the Page Verification selection
3. Click on Verify this Page, then Get Started
4. You will have the option for an instant or more detailed verification process. The instant verification choice gives you the option to have Facebook call the phone number you have listed on your business Page. You’ll be given a verification code, which you’ll enter into the box Facebook provides you with. Then Facebook will award you with the appropriate verified checkmark.
5. If you choose the more detailed option, click on Verify this Page with documents instead. When prompted, upload a picture of the official document that clearly shows your business’s name and address. For example, an internet bill will work here.
6. Once Facebook receives your validation (verification code or business document) they will review and either confirm or deny your request. This process usually takes anywhere from 48 hours to 45 days.