The Teachers Service Commission (TSC Kenya) of Kenya is an Independent Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to manage human resource within the education sector. It is based in the capital city, Nairobi with offices in all the 47 Counties.
The body is basically mandated with employment, deployment, promotion and dismissal of teachers. In a bid to enhance efficiency in its service delivery, the commission has developed a mobile phone application that allows Teachers to access the following services;
- Access to Payslips (T-Pay),
- Allows registration of Kenyan Citizen and Non-Citizen Teachers,
- Allows Kenyan teachers to view status of Teacher Registration Application(s),
- Allows application for duplicate certificates of registration,
- Allows teachers to access the Teachers Performance and Appraisal Service (TPAD) Kenya and
- Provides access to the Teachers Service Commission ERP/HRMIS.
How To Download TSC Mobile App
To download the mobile app, go to google app store using this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ke.go.tsc
Once you have downloaded the app, you will have an opportunity to access all TSC services at the palm of your hand.
1. Payslip (T-PAY)
On the mobile app, the first service you can access is T-PAY. Through T-PAY, a teacher can login, register or activate the account.
To login to your t-pay account you need your TSC number and your password. If you have not created a T-PAY account, you can read more here how to register online for TSC Payslip.
2. Teachers Online Services
The app gives teachers ample opportunity to access all online services. Here are some of these services;
The Commission Advertise for vacant Posts either for its Secretariat or in education institutions. This Online System allows you to apply for any post you qualify and gives you the opportunity to track every stage of processing upto Appointment (NOTE: If you apply Online, You Don’t Need to Submit a Hard Copy Version to the Commission. No Payments is required of any kind. As a Teacher, You Are NOT EXPECTED TO Register again with the Commission).
(ii)ENTRY/ EXIT RETURNS
These are returns filled and filed by the head teachers, administrators or authorized officers entrusted with the responsibility by the Commission for onward respective processing at the Head Office and proper communications on issues like interdiction, injunction, suspension etc undertaken. (Exit/ Entry Returns can only be accessed once Logged In by Head of Institution).
In accordance with article 237 of the Constitution of Kenya, Section 23 of TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION ACT No. 20 of 2012, it is an offence for any person to engage in the teaching service unless such a person is registered as a teacher. This system provides a platform for online application and registration.
(iv)TSC Duplicate Certificate
Important Notes for Applicants (TSC Does Not Accept Paper Applications).
- All sections of this registration application MUST be completed in full.
- Please fill in all the required information.
- It is a serious offence to willfully give false information to the Teachers Service
Commission. The law provides that any person convicted of the offence may
be fined up to Ksh 100,000 or imprisoned for Twelve (12) months or both
(Section 44 of TSC Act No. 20 of 2012).
- You can save part of this form and complete it on a later time if necessary.
- Scan and Attach Only the Required Documents:
a. Only original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
b. For Expatriate Teachers, attach a letter of clearance from Ministry of Education
- For New Registration a non refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/- deposited to the TSC Registration Account National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001000905001 or Simple Banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625 is required for processing your certificate.
Ensure you have Bank Deposit Slip before proceeding with the application.
- For Duplicate Certificate Application a non refundable fee of Kshs. 2055/- deposited to the TSC Registration Account National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001005707400.
Ensure you have Bank Deposit Slip before proceeding with the duplicate certificate application.
KINDLY NOTE THAT AS FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER 2017 REGISTRATION FEES WILL BE KSHS 1055/- AND APPLICATION FOR DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE WILL BE KSHS 2055/-
3. TSC ERP/HRMIS
This is an online recruitment portal where suitable candidates apply for advertised teaching or secretariat vacancies.