The Mpesa Academy is a state of the art, co-educational and residential High school offering the Kenyan National Curriculum. The school is set on a sprawling 50-acre piece of land located near Mang’u village in Thika, Kiambu County.
The school focuses on moulding future leaders and entrepreneurs by incorporating the core values of Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence (CLAIRE) into every sphere of learning within the Academy.
How to apply for Mpesa Foundation Academy
The admissions process opens in March when application forms are sent out across the country and ends in December when the final list of selected students is generated.
Every year the school aim for a maximum of 200 students, four from each county, who are selected out of thousands of applications.
Application Admission is evaluated on the following criteria
- Academic Excellence
- Leadership and entrepreneurship potential
- Financial need
- Responsible citizenship
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
The admissions cycle runs from May to November each year, and consists of filling and returning an application form and, a multiple stage evaluation process including, telephone and in person interviews, for selected applicants. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Orientation of students
Student orientation takes place between January and February each year. These two months form the basis of a lifetime of leadership learning to positively transform Kenya, Africa and the world. Components of orientation include:
- Introduction to rigorous leadership development and entrepreneurship learning.
- Teaching and practicing how to use technology efficiently and effectively to bridge educational gaps and allow for accelerated educational growth.
- Building the culture of the academy through values-based education.
- Basic introduction to higher level Math, English, Science, Languages and active reading
To access the application form visit their website and apply.