A credit card is a payment card issued to users to enable the cardholder to pay a merchant for goods and services based on the cardholder’s promise to the card issuer to pay them for the amounts plus the other agreed charges.
So all said and done let’s take a look at some of the best credit cards in Kenya
KCB Platinum Visa
KCB Platinum Visa Card is a credit card ideal for avid travellers. The good thing about this Visa is that both KCB members and Non-KCB members can apply for it. On the other hand employed individuals and businesses people can apply for it as well.
- Earning a net salary of at least Kshs. 300,000/=
- Copy of latest pay slip
- Copy of National ID / Passport
- Latest 3 months’ salary account bank statements from any local bank
- Duly filled card application form
- Must be banking with KCB with average credit amounting to Kshs. 300,000/=
- Copy of national ID
- Business Registration
- Bank statements for the last 6 months
- Duly filled card application form
I&M Visa Infinite Credit Card
I&M Visa Infinite Credit Card offers you unparalleled services and privileges locally and abroad.
The credit card has amazing benefits that include:
2. Airport Lounge Access
As a Visa Infinite cardholder, you are entitled to free unlimited airport lounge access at more than 800 LoungeKey lounges globally, as well as one free guest per visit. To view the lounges available visit www.loungekey.com/ssavisainfinite
3. Global Emergency Assistance
If you lose your Visa Infinite card, Visa is able to block your account, send a replacement card and provide emergency cash.
4. Travel Insurance
Visa Infinite provides you with comprehensive travel insurance benefits when you purchase travel tickets or make hotel reservations with your Visa Infinite card.You can qualify for up to $1 million in Emergency Medical Expenses cover, for you and your travel companions as per Visa Multi-trip Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions.
Making purchases with your Visa Infinite card also entitles you to an extended warranty benefit that extends the original manufacturer’s warranty for an item purchased up to 24 months.
6. Purchase Protection
When paying with your Visa Infinite card, you will benefit from purchase protection for stolen or damaged goods purchased.
7. Worldwide Acceptance
Accepted at over 23 million merchant establishments around the world and over 1.9 million Visa ATMs worldwide in 180 countries.
8. Digital Access
Standard Chartered Platinum Card
As the name suggests Standard Chartered Platinum Card is a range of card from one of the top banks in Kenya and across the world Standard Chartered.
The card has elusive rewards like enjoying a 5% cashback on your dining and fuel bills in addition to other rewards just among a host of a few others.
The card also has amazing features like
- Easy Credit
- Supplementary cards
- Transfer to Mpesa/ Airtel Money
- Easy payment plan
- Worldwide recognition etc
- Age 21 to 60 years old
- Minimum Monthly Income from Kes. 80,000*
- Available to existing Standard Chartered Clients who have a Current or Savings Account with the Bank
EQUITY Gold Card
The Equity Gold Card is a range of card from Equity Bank. The card offers higher spending limits and exclusive packages to high income earners.
Its features include:
- Chip & PIN card; Increased security when you transact. The chip stores your information and your PIN verifies your transaction instead of having to sign a sales slip.
- Worldwide Acceptability of Visa Brand; Access your funds at all VISA branded outlets.
- Purchase goods and services; Pay for goods and services at supermarkets, hotels, hospi tals, fuel station, and other retail outlets at no charge.
- Withdraw Cash; Withdraw cash from the ATMs.
- SMS Alerts; Every time you transact we send you details of the transaction as they happen.
- Revolving credit with 45day interest free period; Pay as little as 20% of your outstanding balance every month or as much as you like.
- Itemized monthly statements; Convenient record keeping through monthly statements which show what you have spent and where.
- Life insurance; access to affordable life insurance for you and your family.
Barclays Signature Visa Card
Barclays Signature Visa Card was launched by Barclay’s Bank. This credit card is among a host of its other credit products.
The card offers you a host of advantages at home and abroad. The credit card is better known for its local discounts that include
- Up to 20% discounts in more than 100 merchant partners .
- Up to 25% off retail rates for Signature clients at over 450 destinations globally.
- Up to 35% discount on Standard Rates, and up to 30% off of International Leisure rates.
- Visa Signature cardholders receive 7% discount: