KUCCPS has opened applications for Teacher Training Colleges (TTC) diploma course placement. Over 13,000 slots are available for placement to primary teacher training colleges in various counties.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE VIA THE KUCCPS STUDENT PORTAL
To make your application through KUCCPS online portal, follow the simple steps below:
- Visit the KUCCPS student portal by using the link; https://students.kuccps.net/
- Click on ‘Login’ and then enter your KCSE Index Number
- Next, enter your KCSE year
- Under the password – Use Your Birth Certificate No. / KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password
- Make application as per your area of interest and qualifications.
- Wait for communication from KUCCPS on your placement results.
- Proceed to download your admission letter and report to the selected TTC on the specified dates.
Applicants who sat for KCSE in 2011 and previous years and have not benefited from any Government Sponsorship are also eligible to apply.
Entry requirements for the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
The entry requirements shall be C Plain in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examination (KCSE) or its equivalent as equated by the Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec).
The new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course duration
According to new approved curriculum designs the duration for the diploma training shall be three years.
Specialization areas in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course duration
The teachers’ trainees will only specialise in three subject areas, having attained a minimum KCSE grade of C (Plain) in the learning areas they wish to focus on.
The areas for specialisation have been grouped into four clusters, but teachers will only pick one subject per category for specialty.
Candidates shall specialise from the first year in at least three learning areas preferably from any one of the four clusters.
Cluster one subjects in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
- Kenya Sign Language
- Indigenous Languages
- Foreign Languages (German, French, Arabic and Mandarin (Chinese).
Cluster two subjects in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
- Home Science
- Science and Technology
Cluster three subjects in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
- Social Studies
- Religious Education (CRE, HRE, IRE)
Cluster four subjects in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
- Art and Craft
Mandatory subjects in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
- Physical and Health Education (PHE)
- Kenya sign language for hearing impaired.
Mandatory Learning areas in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
The mandatory learning areas will build on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the young teacher for effective lesson delivery.
Evaluation criteria in the new Diploma in Primary Education (DPTE) Course
Those who will be approved to teach in schools will have completed the required hours for coursework and passed the stipulated assessment as directed by the Kenya National Examinations Council, Knec.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (SECONDARY) COURSE
TTCs offer training for both Science (Diploma in Education Science) and Arts (Diploma in Education Arts) teachers. The diploma course lasts for 3 academic years.
It is a pre-requisite from the Ministry of Education that aspiring secondary school teachers should have the below minimum KCSE qualifications for entry into DTE (Diploma in Teacher Education) course.
Here are the latest general minimum requirements for students seeking to pursue teaching:
- Mean grade: C+ (plus)
- English: C (plain)
- Mathematics: D+ (plus) for those taking education arts and C (plain) for those hoping to undertake training in education science.
- Two specialization subjects (subjects you intend to teach at high school): C+