The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has planned the training of teachers in Competency Based Curriculum during the month of May from 25th May to 4th June 2021.
In a circular dated 7th May, the commission has indicated that the mode of training will be blended (face–to–face and virtual). The timelines for the smart cascade model of training are as follows:
|25th to 27th May||Virtual||Virtual||i. Training of CSO and CBC|
Champions using Microsoft Teams Regular ii. Training of SNE CSO and SNE CBC
Champions using Microsoft Teams
|31st May to 4th|
|Face-toFace||Zonal Level||Zonal Training of Teachers – Regular|
|31st May 4th|
|Face-toFace||Zonal Level||Zonal Training of Teachers – SNE|
The Mode of training
The training will be conducted in three stages as follows
- The Master trainers will train the Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and CBC Champions (both regular and SNE) at the County Level virtually using Microsoft Teams for 3 days from 25th to 27th May 2021. The links will be provided
- The CSOs and CBC Champions (both regular and SNE) will train teachers through face to face following the with adherence to MOH COVID 19 prevention protocols for 5 days.
- They Should have at least 15 teachers per training room.
The target groups for the training will be 2 teachers and the Head teacher from each public primary school as follows;
- Head teachers from regular and SNE schools.
- One Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and one teachers from grade 4 to 5 (Regular schools)
- One Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and one teachers from grade 4 to 5 (SNE schools) based on the table provided below.
In a bid to ensure that this exercise goes through, TSC has directed regional and county directors to do the following:
- Inform, coordinate and monitor the CSOs and Champions Virtual training
- Officially Invite Headteachers to be trained for 5 days.
- Identify and invite the teachers to be trained for 5 days through their Headteachers officially.
- Keenly take consideration on the selection of SNE teachers as guided by SNE CSOs in your county based on the table provided below.
- Identify suitable venues with the CSOs and Sub county Directors for training
- Facilitate the venue organizers to prepare all the teachers‘ meals and teas
- Coordinate the training materials on time.
- Coordinate and monitor the teacher training sessions.
- Prepare and provide guidance to teachers on the training logistics as advised by the finance directorate from HQs
- Prepare and submit the training report
SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION CBC/CBA TRAINING
The SNE CBC training for May 2021 is organized as follows:
|Training of TOT’s||All CSOS – SNE in the county|
Selected SNE Champion teachers
|Training of SNE teachers||One teacher for Foundation Level in special schools for learners with intellectual disability, autism, deaf, blind, severe cerebral palsy and multiple disability.|
One teacher for Intermediate Level in special schools for learners with intellectual disability, autism, deaf, blind, severe cerebral palsy and multiple disability.
One Grade 4/5 teachers from special schools for learners with Visual Impairment
One Grade 4/5 teachers from special schools for learners with Hearing Impairment
One grade 4/5 teachers from special schools for learners with Physical Impairments
NOTE: In areas where there are no special schools invite one teacher from selected special units.