The Teachers Service Commission, to hire 10,300 teachers in a bid to cushion overstretched teaching force in public primary and secondary schools.
The commission is targeting to deploy 4,300 teachers in primary and 6,000 tutors in Secondary.
Application and Deadline
Suitably qualified candidates should apply online through TSC website, www.teachersonline.go.ke so as to be received by Thursday 24th October, 2019 and should be ready for posting any part of the country.
The commission has warned that hand written application will not be accepted.
Eligibility for internship
Those applying must have a personal accident insurance to cover personal risks 12- month internship period. In addition they should meet the following basic requirements;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have original academic and professional credentials
- Be unemployed and has not previously been employed by the commission on permanent terms.
- Must be registered as per the TSC act of 2012.
- Be a holder of P1 certificate for primary schools applicants and a minimum of Diploma education in Education certificate Secondary school applicants.
Successful interns shall be expected to produce the following;
- A valid certificate of Good conduct
- National Identify Card or a copy of passport and a KRA pin certificate.
- Two (2) coloured passports size photographs.
- Teacher registration certificate.
Teachers who will be hired for Secondary schools will pocket sh 15,000 per month while those in primary schools will earn sh 10,000.
The sum to be paid will be subject to statutory deductions.
The good news is that those who will secure chance as interns are likely to be absorbed on permanent terms depending on performance and funds availability.
To download the pdf click on the link below