Teachers Service Commission has invited Applications from qualified candidates to fill 6,674 teacher internship posts. The move is inline with the support of the Government’s Initiative to develop a pool of young talents for the Kenyan Labour Market.
According to the advert seen by Jambo News team, 1,998 posts are for primary schools while 4,876 for secondary schools.
These internship posts are part of the National Government post Covid-19 Economic Stimulus Programme that was announced by the head of state(Uhuru Kenyatta) during the seventh Presidential Address on the coronavirus pandemic on 23 May, 2020.
The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering teaching service.
The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements requirements:
- Be Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
- Be a holder of a Pl Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers:
- Have original academic and professional certificates:
- Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a teacher on permanent terms;
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya
- Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
- In addition, Successful applicants shall be required to produce A copy of the National identity Card [IU) or Passport A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Service Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable}:
- A valid certificate of good conduct;
- Two [2) coloured passport size photographs
- A copy of National Health insurance Fund (NHIF) card:
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal identification Personal Number [KRA PIN)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make the applications ONLINE through the Teachers Service Commission Website www.tsc.go.ke under Careers” or www.teachersonline.go.ke by Monday, 14 December, 2020.
For detailed information on application procedure and the available vacancies per County and institution, you are advised to visit the TSC Website: www.tsc.go.ke
Teachers Service Commission has cautioned that manual Applications will not be considered. TSC is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
This is not a remunerative engagement. However teacher interns attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/, while those attached to Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of KShs. 20,000.
However, it is important to note that stipend paid to intern teachers will be subject to statutory deductions where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, the intern will be awarded a certificate.