The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has kicked off the process deploying P1 teachers to Junior Secondary Schools (JSS).
P1 teachers will have to apply online through TSC website in order to be deployed to teach in Junior secondary school.
APPLICATION FOR DEPLOYMENT FROM PRIMARY TO JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL is on and the deadline is 6th February 2023.
Only teachers serving under P&P in public primary schools who meet requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
This move will definitely alleviate the dire shortage of teachers in Junior Secondary.
First cohort of CBC class will report towards the end of this month.
“Mwalimu,did you know that you can apply for deployment from Primary to Junior Secondary School (JSS) if you have the requisite qualifications? To apply, use this link https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/tsc-teacher/login,” stated TSC through its official Facebook.
This comes few days after TSC asked primary school headteachers to fill and submit a template it has provided to help to get the teachers who shall teach in Grade 7 starting this month.
The following are the details that the Commission has asked primary school headteachers to provide.
- TSC Number
- Name and Gender of the teacher
- KCSE Mean Grade
- Qualification i.e. DIP, BED
- Subject Combination
- KCSE Subject Grade e.g. MAT C+ & PHY B-
- Year of Graduation
- Year of Birth
- Mobile Number
The decision to host the Competency-Based Curriculum’s (CBC) junior secondary school level in primary schools has given primary school teachers a chance to be promoted as long as they have upgraded their PTE certificates to Diploma and Degree certificates.
TSC Requirements for P1 teachers to teach JSS
- Atleast C+ (plus) mean grade at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education KCSE or its equivalent.
- Atleast C+ (plus) in the two teaching subjects at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education KCSE or its equivalent.
- At least 8 units in each of the two teaching subjects
- Must be serving as a primary school teacher under TSC.