Barely two weeks after schools reopened, The Teachers Service Commission has moved principals of national, extra county, and sub-county schools around the country in a mass transfer (TSC).
Towards the tail end of last year, TSC announced mass transfer impacting 14,613 teachers as directed by the parliament to stop the delocalization policy, which began four years ago.
TSC Secretary Dr. Nancy Macharia stated that 12,019 teachers will be placed in inter-country transfers by the Regional Director of Education.
Additionally, the 2,594 teachers will be allocated to inter-regional transfers by the Commission’s headquarters.
226 of these will have an impact on high school principals.
- Madam Florence Omondi; From Ng’iya Girls to Sinyolo Girls
- Madam Hellen Juma: From Ng’iya Girls to Ogande Girls
- Dr. Jennifer Otolo: From Ogande Girls to Ng’iya Girls
- Mr Okoth Bonventure: From St Mary’s School Yala to Riokindo High School
- Mr. Victor Omondi Makanda: From St Anthony’s Boys High Kitale to St Mary’s School Yala
- Mr Edward Wachilonga: From Riokindo Boys to Chavakali Boys
- Mr. Stephen Abong’o: From St Joseph’s Rapogi to Ringa Boys
- Mr Erastus Nyangwa: From Ratanga to St Joseph’s Rapogi
- Mr. Nicholas Ochieng’: From Uriri High School to Ratanga
- Mr Sang: From Kaplong High to Kabianga High
- Mr. Sangutet of Bwake Sec goes to Tenwek Boys
- Mr. Mutali Chesebe goes to St. Anthony Boys Kitale.
- Principal Riokindo heads to Chavakali boys.
- Principal St. Mary’s School Yala to head Riokindo boys.
- Ringa Boys principal, Mr Muma moves to Barding Sec Siaya County.
- Principal St. Anthony’s Boys High School Kitale to moves to St. Mary’s School Yala..
- Sinyolo girls principal to Ogande girls,
- Ogande principal to Ng’iya girls.
- Principal Rapogi moves to Ringa bearely after 2 yrs
- Principal Ratanga moves to Rapogi
- Principal Uriri moves to Ratanga
- Principal Shikunga moves to Kamusinga.
- Principal Sori sec moves to Ramba Boys.
- St. Mary’s Mabera to Ichuni
- Ichuni to Bishop Linus Okok
- Nanyuki high school chief Principal Oliver Minishi has retired paving way to Solomon Koech from Kangaru School.
- Paul Weloba from Shikunga secondary school in Kakamega county has been appointed to head Friends School Kamusinga in Bungoma county.
- Waloba who also served at Alliance high school and doubles as an international Rugby referee was installed on January 26, to replace Alex Maina Kariuki who has been steering the school in the last five years.
- Mathews Linge retires from Ofafa Jericho, Nairobi and his place will be taken by Anthony Thuo from Miwani high school.
- Huruma Girls head Grace Macharia will be heading to St Georges Girls Nairobi.
- Buru Buru girls school Caroline Maina leaves office after attaining the mandatory retirement age to Stella Wambua who is coming from AIC Sengani Girls, Tala in Machakos.
- Daiga Secondary School Principal Leonard Karau has been transferred to a school in Ntrimiti near Kisima in Buuri sub-county, Meru county.
- Kiambu high school will be taken over by Michael Kinyua from Nyahururu high school.
- Otola leaves Ogande girls in Homa Bay County to Hellen Juma who was moved from Sinyolo girls while Achieng will take over at Sinyolo girls.