TSC 2018 recruitment
Recruitment of teachers by the Commission is always demand driven and decentralized to TSC County for primary schools and Board of Management for post-primary institutions. Click here to get detailed information on TSC 2018 recruitment score sheet and employment guidelines marking scheme.
TSC Reporting for duty
Upon employment, the teacher is supposed to report to the duty station within two weeks from the posting date. The head of the institution should then promptly submit casualty return to the TSC headquarters.
TSC Appointment to payroll
The effective appointment date should not be earlier than the one indicated on the letter of offer for employment. The salary entry point, grade and automatic allowances will be based on grade and previous experience.
TSC Confirmation of Appointment
For a teacher to be confirmed one should fill a confirmation letter one month before the expiry of probatory period. The letter is filled in quadruplicate.
TSC Confirmation letter of Appointment
TSC News on Transfer of Teachers
Transfer requests are normally considered for approval by the Appointment Board, once, at the end of the year. However, the Commission can transfer a teacher at its discretion. If teacher wish to be transferred should do so by:
- Filling in a transfer application form through the head of institution. Transfer forms are available at TSC offices countrywide or can be downloaded from TSC website.
- Completed application forms should be sent to the TSC or its agents by the head of institution.
- Transfers for primary school teachers within the county will be handled by the TSC County Director.
- Transfers outside the county will be handled by the TSC headquarters.
- Applications for transfer for tertiary institutions are processed at the TSC headquarters.
Transfer requests submitted to the Commission will be acknowledged promptly. The decision of the Appointment Board will later be communicated to the teacher. Transfers will be granted subject to availability of vacancy and replacement.