Early Childhood Development Education, ECDE, teachers who who teach pre- primary level.
ECDE teachers are registered by Teachers Service Commission, TSC, a body that is mandated to register, employ or dismiss, and promote or demote teachers in Kenya.
General requirements for registration of teachers in Kenya
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- relevant academic and professional certificates from recognized
- a copy of Identity Card or Passport
- passport photo
- KRA Pin Certificate
- dully filled GP 69 Medical Form and
- Payment of registration fee;
Non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/- Deposit is made to the TSC;
Registration Account –
National Bank of Kenya – No. 01001000905001
or Simple Banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625
Non Kenyan Citizen
- academic and Professional Certificates and other evidence for
registration as a teacher obtained in Kenya or the country of origin
- Academic and Professional Certificates. NB: Must have been awarded by an accredited foreign institution and equated by the relevant public body in Kenya
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher or authority to teach in the country of origin
- a valid Entry / Work Permit issued by the Department of Immigration
- a valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the relevant law enforcement agency in the country of origin
- vetting letter from the Ministry of Education (Kenya) and
- prescribed fee of Kshs. 1055
NB: All documents must be certified by either a TSC Director or TSC Sub –
TSC Registration Requirements for ECDE Teachers
Requirements for ECDE teachers are classified into three categories;
- Minimum of CPE/KCPE plus ECDE Certificate from
- Minimum mean grade D+(plus) at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
- Minimum mean grade D (plain) at KCSE, KNEC proficiency certificate, ECDE Certificate from KNEC
- Mean grade C Plain at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
- Mean grade C+ (plus) and above for University Diploma.
- Mean grade C+ and above