These are teachers at Grade B5 (T- Scale 5) which is the entry grade for primary school teachers.
Requirements for primary teacher II T-Scale 5
- have a Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean Grade C
(Plain) or other recognized equivalent qualifications;
- have a Primary Teacher Certificate (PTE) or its approved equivalent;
- have been registered as a teacher and in possession of a valid Teaching
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and
- any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
These tutors will not also get any salary increment.
SALARY JULY 2020
- All Titles (TSC-Scales) of Secondary School Teachers; Requirements for appointment/promotion
- Titles of primary teachers;T-Scale 5, T-Scale 6,T-Scale 7,T-Scale 8,T-Scale 9,T-Scale 10,T-Scale 11
- TSC T-Scales for Secondary school teachers Special Needs Education (SNE); Requirements for appointment and promotion
- TSC Secondary Teacher II & Secondary Teacher II Untrained And Primary SNE Teachers Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Senior Teacher II, Secondary Teacher II & Secondary Teacher II Untrained (UT) And Primary SNE Teachers Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Secondary Teacher I And Senior Teacher I Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Deputy Head Teacher II Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teacher I And Senior Master III Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Senior Principals (T- Scale 14) Salary 2020/2021
- TSC Chief Principal (T-Scale 15) Salary 2020/2021