Earlier this year Teachers Service Commission, TSC, advertised 1000 promotion vacancies for secondary teacher I, Senior Master IV, Deputy Principal III, Senior Principal, Deputy Principal II and Senior Lecturer IV.
Interviews for these promotions were slated to take place from 26/4/2021 to 30/4/2021.
However as a result of the Covid–19 pandemic which has affected the Education calendar in the country, the scheduled interviews have conflicted with marking of the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) national examination currently taking place.
In view of the above, and in a bid to allow teachers to prepare adequately for the interviews; the Commission has re–scheduled the interviews for advert Number 2/2021, 3/2021, 4/2021, 6/2021, and 7/2021 to a date to be communicated in due course.
The commission had notified shortlisted Candidates to present the following VALID statutory documents during interviews:
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance Application from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Highest academic Certificate.