Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has advertised 12 posts for suitably qualified candidates to fill positions of Deputy directors/County Directors.
Application should reach TSC by 23-09-2019. To apply click here
Reporting to Regional County Director, this position is responsible for the provision of leadership in the development and implementation of strategies and structures in regards to teacher management within the county to ensure overall achievement of the Commission objective.
Duties and Responsbilities
- Develop, implement and monitor County strategy as derived from the institutional strategy, to ensure that County activities are aligned with the institutional objectives;
- Lead the implementation of performance contract and appraisal of teachers for the county for standardization of methodology employed in performance reviews;
- Develop and monitor compliance with policies and procedures in the county to support the achievement of the institutional strategy;
- Develop and monitor effective utilization of the county budget to support the implementation of the county strategy;
- Manage discipline function of teachers at the county level and refer the complicated ones to the headquarters to ensure alignment with the institutional strategy;
- Coordinate teacher promotions within the county to ensure openness and fairness is adhered;
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff;
- Coordinate TSC recruitment function at the County to ensure qualified staff are brought on board;
- Direct all subordinates reporting to the position towards set targets and appraise them accordingly;
- Chair recruitment, interview transfer and discipline committee panels and ensure appropriate procedures are followed;
- Ensure proper staff balancing in schools/ institutions in the counties to promote fairness and openness in numbers.
Note: – An officer at this level may be deployed at TSC Headquarters to perform similar functions at the national level.
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- Bachelors Degree in Education or Bachelors Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education;
- Masters Degree in Education or relevant discipline from a recognized University;
- Twelve (12) years� experience- three (3) of which should have been in TSC Scale 11;
- Demonstrate Knowledge of school management and administration; e) Leadership and Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams.
NB: Possession of a Management Course or Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks will be an added advantage.
Terms of Service: –
- Contract for 5 years renewable.
- The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover,
- Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance.
- Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
TSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates from marginalised areas, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Basic Salary: Kshs.156,108 – Kshs.288,051
Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Scheme