All teachers who wish to be considered for admission to teachers Training colleges for upgrading from Primary Teacher Education to Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) and Diploma Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) are invited to apply.
This upgrading programme is for trained teachers in the above categories who are yet to be employed by Teachers Service Commission (TSC), County government and private sector.
The school based upgrading program to benefit teachers in service will commence in April 2023. Application forms are available on the ministry of education website www.education.go.ke.
Those with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are advised to register in only one centre. Double registration will lead to automatic disqualification.
The letter of offer will stipulate the fees and other requirements.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UPGRADING TO DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER EDUCATION (DECTE)
1. The applicant must possess a valid ECDE Certificate NOT Provisional. The ECDE certificate must have been obtained from a recognized training institution.
2. The duration of the Course shall be1890 Hours.
3. The course shall be fully residential and shall last for 5 terms 4 terms for tuition and 1 for practicum.
4. The trainee shall take all courses specified in the upgrading programme of Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE).
5. The trainees shall undertake a Teaching Practicum of 1300 Hours.
6. To be awarded the Diploma, the trainee must complete the required hours for Course Work and pass the stipulated assessment by the Kenya National Examination Council.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
STATE DEPARTMENT OF EARLY LEARNING & BASIC EDUCATION
APPLICANTS’ REGISTRATION FORM FOR UPGRADING OF P1 AND ECDE
CERTIFICATE TO DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY AND EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
THIS FORM SHOULD BE FILLED BY THE APPLICANT IN THE PRESENCE OF THE OFFICER IN-CHARGE
PART 1 – PERSONAL DETAILS
- FULL NAMES IN BLOCK
- GENDER: _____________________________________________________
- IDENTITY CARD NO. ___________________________________________
- CONTACT ADDRESS____________________________________________
- MOBILE NUMBER_____________ e-mail (if-any)___________________
PART 11 – EDUCATION BACKGROUND
(a) College attended: ______________________________________________
From: _________________________To: ____________________________
- KCSE Certificate Number _____________Year_______________________
- TTC ATTENDED_______________________________________________
- YEAR GRADUATED_____________________ Grade __________________
- TSC NO ______________________________________________________
PART III – COURSE APPLIED FOR (Tick as appropriate)
PART IV – DECLARATION BY THE APPLICANT
Do you have any disability? YES/NO _________
If yes, state the nature of disability _____________
I certify that the particulars given on this Form are correct to the best of my knowledge.
Signature of the Applicant______________________________________________________
PART V – DECLARATION BY THE SCDE
I certify that the particulars given on this form are correct.
Full Name ________________________________________________________________
Official Rubber Stamp_____________________________________________________
- Certified copies of the following documents must be attached to this form:
(i) PTE Certificate/ECDE Certificate (ii) Two years academic transcripts (iii) A college Leaving Certificate.
- KSCE Certificate
- Two recent passport size photographs
- identity card (both sides)
- TSC Registration Certification
- A letter as evidence of adherence to positive moral values and good behaviour.
- It is an offence to give false information.