Teachers Service commission is moving with speed to see to it that teachers are served online without necessarily visiting county offices.
According to the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan of the Commission, several Reforms and Innovation were identified in the provision of teaching services as its strategic focus area aimed at improving service delivery to its employees and stakeholders.
In the circular dated 15th February, 2021, TSC boss Dr. Nancy Macharia indicated that the commission has successfully migrated services related to recruitment and promotions of teachers to an online system.
She said: “Accordingly, there will be no manual applications for recruitment and promotion of teachers with effect from 1st March, 2021.”
The circular further indicated that applications for transfer shall be accessed through the Commission’s website at www.tsc.go.ke as per the attached schedule while the mode and manner of application for both recruitment and promotion will be communicated in the adverts whenever there is a vacancy.
Further, the Commission has introduced an e-platform for official emails, virtual meetings and remote learning. The platform targets all teachers employed by the Commission and those undergoing internship programmes.
The platform will be used in the following instances: –
- For official communication between the Commission and teachers including transmission of official letters, Circulars, Pay-slips and responses to teachers’ inquiries amongst others.
- To promote the usage of e-learning at no cost.
- To support and promote the usage of virtual meetings. Institutions can therefore use the platform to hold virtual meetings while teachers will be able to create peer groups to carry out learning activities including mentoring and coaching.
- All Heads of Institutions and teachers including those on internship are required to activate their email accounts provided on the platform and use it for all communications to the Commission. The official email will take the format of the teacher’s name, the last two digits of the TSC number @mwalimu.tsc.go.ke.
- The detailed procedure on how to activate the system is provided in the user guidelines attached to this circular and may also be accessed through the Commission’s website.
- The Commission’s ICT field officers will be available to assist in the activation of the accounts. Heads of Institutions may use the ICT champions to sensitize teachers in their institutions and provide any needed technical support.
- In addition to an official personal account, heads of institutions are to open a separate head-of-institution email. This address will be available to subsequent heads of institutions for continuity.
- Heads of institutions shall update the teachers official email address and registered personal mobile phone number in the Teacher Management Information System (TMIS) within 30 days after all teachers in the institution have activated their emails.
Further, users may seek help on activation of the email, virtual meetings and remote learning through the following address; email@example.com. All other normal queries and/or issues, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exercise of activating the emails will be executed from 15th February, 2021 and will be concluded on 30th April, 2021.
It is important to note that TSC has cautioned that upon the expiry of the registration window, all emails outside the e-platform shall not be acted upon.
TSC County Directors and Sub County Directors are directed to ensure that the contents of this circular are disseminated to all teachers serving under their respective jurisdictions.