Its good news to teachers again after the employer (TSC) has agreed to relook at the policy on performance appraisal (TPAD)
Speaking during Kepsha conference in Mombasa on Thursday, TSC chief executive Dr. Macharia assured tutors that their grievances will be fully addressed.
“We have listened to you and are aware there are areas you want addressed in order to strengthen Performance Contracting and TPAD.” Said Dr. Macharia
The CEO directed Dr Reuben Nthamburi, the director in charge of quality assurance and standards, to urgently convene a meeting with Kenya Primary Schools Headteachers Association (Kepsha) and Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association (Kessha) to address any emerging issues on the policy.
However, headteachers had reported that with the TPAD the following positive have been noted
- supervision of teachers has become easier,
- cases of teacher absenteeism have drastically fallen,
- teachers now prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and keep vital learner progress records.
Review of Delocolasation policy
TSC move to review TPAD program is coming barely a day after the President Uhuru Kenyatta’s directive to CS education Amina Mohammed over relooking at the delocalisation policy that had impacted adversely on families of affected teachers.
Looming September strike
KNUT SG Hon. Wilson Sossion had threatened to call for strike if the employer was to continue with delocalisation of teachers and TPAD program. Its now increasingly clear that things may augur well. Other issues that may jeopardize teaching include; promotion of teachers with higher qualifications, implementation of circulars and policies that teachers are not consulted and also AON Minet medical Scheme.
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2018
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2018
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2018
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2018
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in kenya 2018