Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has created positions for Regional Coordinators across the country.
Evidently, the commission has taken a leaf out of Ministry of Education and Interior Ministry which have same setup at regional level.
Roles TSC Regional Coordinators
- Coordinate the decentralized teacher management functions in the region with view to ensure easy access and improved service delivery.
- Enhance engagement with stakeholders in teacher management matters.
- Represent the commission in all regional levels.
- Strengthen teacher management structures in implementation of the curriculum for effective teaching and quality education.
- Appraise county directors within their regions, among other duties.
Here is a list of TSC regional Coordinators
|TSC Regional Coordinator
|Mr. Laban Onono
|Mr. Francis Ngware
|Ms Juliet Kariuki
|Mr. Daniel Cherutoi
|Ms Victoria Muoka
|Yet to be appointed
The commission is yet to appoint regional coordinator for Nairobi as the search for a suitable officer is underway.
Prior to their appointments, these officers served at county levels as county directors.
Mr Onono was TSC county director for Nyamira, Mr Ngware was in Laikipia, Ms Agala was in Homa Bay while Ms Kariuki was in Meru. Mr Cherutoi was in Kajiado, Ms Muoka was in Neri while Mr Tarus was in Kakamega.