TSC has advertised for a post for Deputy Commissioner (Secretary) TSC Scale 15. Suitable applicants should submit their application online before 09-10-2019. To apply click here
Reporting to the Commission Secretary, the holder of the post is the Principal Assistant to the Commission Secretary. He/she is responsible for strategic management of the teaching services, and compliance with teaching standards as prescribed by the Commission. In addition, the Deputy Commission Secretary oversights the implementation of the Commissions strategic plan and all other functions of the institution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Commission Secretary in the Provision of strategic leadership to all TSC employee’s; Management and Development;
- Coordinating the implementation of Teachers Service Commission Strategic Plan;
- Analyzing and review the Teacher’s service commission strategic plan;
- Coordinating performance management in the Commission;
- overseeing development of performance targets, workplans, budgets and strategies for the employees of the Commission;
- Coordinating, oversee and direct all support services to ensure all activities run smoothly;
- Overseeing security of commission staff and assets;
- Evaluating career progression and professional development of employees to ensure that the Commission has staff with the requisite competencies to drive its strategic plan;
- Advising the Commission Secretary on training needs of staff;
- Cordinating Commission resource mobilization and investment activities;
- Overseeing proper implementation of Contracts in the Commission within the stipulated timelines;
- Coordinating the preparation of various report(s) of the Commission and their timely submission to the relevant agencies;
- Initiating the development and implement of sound policies, regulations, procedures, strategies and programmes for all Teacher management activities
- Providing leadership in mentoring and coaching to inspire and motivate staff;
- Coordinating formulation of appropriate strategies designed to fastrack implementation of the Commission programmes;
- Coordinating preparation of all reports for submission to the Commission on a quarterly basis or as advised from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree plus a postgraduate Diploma in Education from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree in either Education, business administration, strategic leadership, Finance, HRM from a recognized University;
- Ten (10) years’ experience, three (3) of which should have been in a senior management position in a large and reputable organization;
- Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications skills;
- Knowledge of education matters and labor laws;
- knowledge of teaching standards;
- Knowledge in basic Financial Management;
- Leadership, communication, and presentation skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Met the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and result and
- Valid registration certificate as member of a professional body
Terms of Service: –
Contract for 5 years renewable
Salary and other Benefits.
Basic Salary TSC Scale 15: – Kshs.308,423-Kshs.468,054
The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance.
Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.