Transition of the First CBC Cohort from Basic to University Education is envisaged to occur in Year 2029.
Read also: CBC Transitioning And Domiciling of Junior Secondary School (JSS)
The transition to university education has been conceptualized based on the Basic Education Curriculum Framework (KICD, 2017) that articulates the CBC approach, Guiding Principles and the various Pathways and Tracks (KICD, 2017) to be offered in Senior Secondary School.
Read also: CBC Transitioning Junior Secondary School Learners To Senior Secondary School (SSS)
To prepare for this transition, the Taskforce recommends the following on strategy and policy respectively:
Read also: CBC Transition from Basic to Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- CUE to fast-track development and review of university programmes to align with the three pathways offered in Senior Secondary School.
- MoE to expand infrastructure to offer courses in the three Pathways and 12 Tracks within identified niche areas and localized specializations.
- Universities to retool lecturers by providing pedagogical training responsive to the CBC approach.
- CUE to enforce rationalization of lecturer recruitment to meet the changing educational needs in a cost-effective way.
- CUE to oversee integration of Community Service Learning policy as a critical aspect of university programmes.