Updating of teachers profile exercise will now continue till the end of the year. This now means that teachers have until end of this month to file their bio data after the expiry of a four-month window that started in July 2021.
All 501, 760 registered teachers have few days left to complete the exercise.
The basic details required by teachers for the exercise include their national identification cards, name, Kenya Revenue Authority numbers, religion, fate of birth, gender, mobile phone numbers and nationality.
Also needed are details on home county, sub county, division, zone, constituency, impairment type, permanent postal address, post code, permanent town, current postal address, post code and town.
Earlier on confusion had marred the whole exercise. It was initially assumed that only teachers who were employed by the the commission were required to update their profiles.
However, towards the tail end of the month of November, the commission made it clear that the exercise was targeting all teachers who are registered by the commission.
This is different exercise from the biometric which was successfully piloted and will be rolled out nationally in March next year.
How to update Profile
To update you profile follow these steps:
- Click on this link https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/register/update-profile
- Fill all the required information then click on enter button.
- Enter the 4-digit code that will be sent from TSC.
- Fill all the required data and thereafter click on next until you finish the whole process.
Important Notes for Applicants (TSC Accepts only soft copy documents).
1. All sections of this registration application MUST be completed in full.
2. Please fill in all the required information.
3. It is a serious offence to wilfully give false information to the Teachers Service
Commission. The law provides that any person convicted of the offence may
be fined up to Ksh 100,000 or imprisoned for Twelve (12) months or both
(Section 44 of TSC Act No. 20 of 2012).
4. You can save part of this form and complete it on a later time if necessary.
5. Scan and Upload Only the Required Documents:
a. Only certified copies of original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
b. For Expatriate Teachers, attach a letter of clearance from Ministry of Education