Teachers Service Commission (TSC) intern teachers are employed after the commission has advertised their slots.
Latest recruitment advert seen by this writer reveals that the commission will pay monthly stipend for teacher interns set to be recruited this month.
According to just released TSC Internship advert, teachers attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of KShs. 15,000, while those attached to Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs.20,000.
It is important to note that above stipends are subject to National Hospital Insurance Fund(NHIF), National Social Security Fund(NSSF) and Pay as You Earn(PAYE).
The Teacher Internship Programme is a one year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning Institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Teachers Service Commission Website www.tsc.go.ke under Careers” www.teachersonline.go.ke.
Teachers Service Commission has warned that manual Applications will not be considered. TSC is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be required to produce:
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport.
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Serice Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher.
- A copy of the National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable).
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Two (2) coloured passport size photographs.
- A copy of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card.
- A copy of the Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).