Nyamira county borders Homabay County to the north, Kisii County to the west, Bomet County to the south east and Kericho County to the east. The County covers an area of 899km2 and lies between 00 30’ and 0045’ south, 340 45’ and 350 00’ east. Its capital and largest town is Nyamira. The total projected population 2018 is 632, 046 (males 303,252 and females 328,783) with inter census population growth rate being 1.83 percent.
The current Governor is Hon. John O Nyagarama who is serving his second and last term. He is being deputised by Hon. Amos Nyaribo. Here is a list of all the minister for Nyamira county government;
1. Douglas O. Bosire minister for Health Services
2. Gladys Momanyi minister for Education and Youth Empowerment
3. Peris N. Monga’re minister for Agriculture, Livestock and
4. John Omanwa minister for Transport, Roads and
5. Jackline Momanyi minister for Finance and
6. Peter Muga minister for Trade, Tourism, Industry and Co-operative Development
7. Bernard Osumo minister for Gender, Youth, Sports, Culture and Social Services
8. Maiko Samuel minister for Environment, Energy, Mining and Natural Resources
9. Zablon Onchiri minister for Lands, Housing and Physical Planning
10. Jonestone Obike minister for Public Service Management
If one wants to apply for tenders click here.