Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released a list of evidences that teachers can attach while filling their TPAD online.
TPAD has five(5) teaching standards and each teaching standard has several targets. A teacher is supposed to appraise self appropriately and attach documents where necessary.
|S/NO||TEACHING STANDARDS||TARGET||EVIDENCES TO ATTACH|
|1.||Professional Knowledge and Practice||Demonstrate mastery of the subject content and use appropriate instructional methods||1. Lesson plans
2. Lesson observation records
3. Different instructional materials
|Undertake lesson observation at least once a term||4. Records of lesson observation
5. Lesson Observation notes
|Utilize teaching/ learning resources effectively||6. Availability of improvised/procured teaching/learning resources/aids|
|Prepare professional documents based on the current syllabus/designs||7. Availability of updated schemes of work.
8. Lesson plans and notes.
9. Record of work.
10. Learner assessment record
|Ability to identify learners’ capability and learning styles||11. Learner study records.
12. Individualized Education Program (IEP) based on different capabilities and learning styles.
|Ability to identify and nurture learners’ talents||13. Record of talent development.
|Ability to access, retrieve and integrate ICT in teaching and learning||15. Availability of digital content/ free online educational resources links
16. ICT integrated lesson plans/record of work covered/ learners’ notebooks
17. Printed content ( photos, print outs)
|Ability to carry out learner assessment,
feedback and reporting on learners’ learning
|18. Learner assessment reports
19. List of strategies to improve learner performance
Letter communicating feedback
|2||Comprehensive Learning Environment||Ability to create child friendly school/class environment through planned activities to demonstrate respect, equity, inclusion and||21. Clean environment
22. Records of learner participation in Programmes/ clubs/ societies promoting friendly environment
|moral values||23. Open channels of communication/Class Baraza/ student council|
|Ability to create a stimulating classroom environment||24. Classroom with talking walls, nature corner, shop, models, learners’ work displayed on the wall among others.|
|Ability to ensure safety of learners||25. Records of sensitization (MOE Guidelines on safety)|
|Ability to manage learners conduct and behavior||26. Well displayed school /class rules and regulations governing learners conduct and behaviour
27. Guidance and counseling records
28. Records of learners challenging behavior and corrective measures taken.
29. Records of parental involvement
|3.||Teacher Professional Development||Prepare Self Professional Development Support Plan||30. Updated TPD support plan indicating the time frame for various activities during the term|
|Engage in continuous and relevant career growth and development activities||31. Records of Teacher initiated and school based TPD activities|
|4.||Teacher Conduct & Professionalism||Demonstrate knowledge on the legal requirements in education||32. Policy documents available and in use in schools|
|Ability to observe punctuality in lesson attendance, performance of duty and preparation of professional documents||33. Updated daily attendance register (clocking in and out)
34. Updated and analyzed lesson attendance register
35. Record of submission of professional documents
|Timely syllabus coverage and meeting of deadlines||36. Display of syllabus coverage
37. Teacher’s lesson notes based on current syllabus
38. Checked learners exercise books
|5.||Participation in Professional Learning Community||Join Professional Learning Community(PLC)||39. Records of membership in professional learning community/ cluster/ groups (Certificates, minutes, attendance lists etc.)|
|Collaborate with colleagues and the broader professional learning community to support teaching and learning||40. Records of participation in professional learning communities within and beyond the school
41. Initiatives being implemented in collaboration with learning communities
|Collaborate with parents/guardians and other stakeholders||42. Records of parents’/guardians involvement
43. Records of learner participation/ involvement in community service
44. Records of joint activities with stakeholders/parents/ guardians
|Establish linkages with the community||45. Invitation letters
46. Attendance lists
47. Activity reports
|Participate in programs organized in collaboration with other educational bodies: KNEC, MOE, KICD etc.||48. Invitation letters
49. Programme/project reports