Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has announced that the inter-institution transfer window for the 2022/2023 cycle will open in mid-June 2022.
In a statement, the placement has urged applicants who want to change their courses or universities to keep an eye on KUCCPS website for updates on inter-institution transfer.
“If you have been placed to a university/college and you’d like to change your institution (or course), the inter-institution transfer window for the 2022/2023 cycle will open in mid-June 2022. Keep checking the Placement Service website kuccps.ac.ke for updates,” said the placement body in a statement.
The move will enable students who were placed in courses or institutions they least preferred to change and if they meet minimum requirements their requests will be approved.
Other requirements that must be fulfilled include the following;
- For one to be eligible for transfer, the Placement Service must have placed the applicant to the programme one is seeking a transfer from.
- Applicants to degree programmes must meet the applicable cut-off point for their respective placement year.
- The programme applied to must have been on offer in the year the applicant was placed.
- An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
- CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
While releasing KUCCPS Placement Results for KCSE 2019 Candidates on Tuesday 2nd June, education Cabinet Secretary stated that the placement body will conduct inter institution transfer online.
“The Placement Service will conduct the Inter-Institution Transfer process online following the laid down procedures while ensuring adherence to timelines for students who may wish to change their programmes and institutions,” said the CS.
The CS further instructed universities and colleges to utilize online platforms and expedite admission process to enable students start their academic journey undeterred by the coronavirus.
“Universities and colleges have been asked to contact their respective students and give them joining instructions and fast-tract the start of their academic journey given that most universities have continued with online learning during this era of COVID-19 restrictions,” added the CS..