The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the
recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Constables which is scheduled to take place in the month of Novemberr and December 2019.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- Be Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. (4 Copies of National Identity Card and PIN certificate)
- Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Minimum Height: (a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in) (b) Women 1.52m (5ft)
- Minimum Weight: (a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb). (b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
- Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
- Specialist Officers. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable. The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
- Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits. Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
- Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
- Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
- Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
- Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman.
- Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
- Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
- Must have served for at least 9 years Colour Service for retired honourably from KDF.
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
- Specialist Officers. In addition to the minimum academic qualifications, Specialist Officers must posses’ qualifications and where necessary be registered with the relevant Statutory Bodies for the vacancies below:
- Medical Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and be registered with Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
- Pharmacists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB).
- Nursing Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
- Dentists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery and be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
- Laboratory Technologists. Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Science.
- Counselling Psychologists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology.
- Public Health Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health/Environmental Science.
- Cyber Security/Digital Forensic/IT Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering/Networking. Certification in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, and Ethical hacking or Information Security analysis will be added advantage.
- Engineers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical, Marine, Biomedical, Naval Architecture and Mechatronics Engineering and be registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Journalists. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication majoring either in Broadcast Production or Public Relations with at least two (2) years working experience.
- Lawyers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University, be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current and valid practicing certificate with at least two (2) years practicing experience. Experience in litigation will be an added advantage.
- Physical Training Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or Bachelor of Education (Physical Education).
- Finance/Accounting Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting option).
- Music Specialists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Music.
- Chaplains/Imams. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Theology/Islamic studies from a recognized Institution. Protestant Churches and Roman Catholic Chaplains must be ordained Ministers and recommended by Archbishop and Episcopal Conference respectively. Imams must be recommended by the Chief Kadhi.
- Hospitality Management/Catering Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management/ Food Production.
- Entrepreneurship and Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship.
- Statistics Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Actuarial Science.
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing & Supplies Management.
- Library and Information Officers. Must hold at least Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science.
- Project Managers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and Management.
- Quantity Surveyors. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey and registered with Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
- Oceanographers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography.
- Dock Masters. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nautical Science.
- Accounting/Finance/CPA II
- Aeronautical Engineering (A&E)
- Archives and Record Management
- Automotive Engineering
- Building and Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Community Health & Development
- Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Counseling Psychology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical and Instrumentation/Control Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Journalism (Print Journalist, Audio – Visual Producer)
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Plant/Production)
- Medical Laboratory
- Painting/Coating Technology
- Para Legal
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Plumbing and Pipe Fitting/Plumbing Technology
- Project Planning and Management
- Public Health/Environmental Science
- Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Research Skills Development
- Sales and Marketing (dd) Tailoring
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Warehouse/Store Keeping Management
- Welding & Fabrication
- Auto/Motor Vehicle Electrical
- Automotive/Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Composite Manufacturing Technology
- Electrical and Electronics
- Marine/Ship Construction
- Masonry and Brick Laying
- Plant Mechanics
- Plant Operations (Heavy Plant/Crane/Forklift/Tug Operations)
- Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
- Welding and Fabrication
How to apply
Clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates and current National Identity Card (ID) MUST be attached to the application and be addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces (Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of Defence Defence Headquarters Ulinzi House
P O Box 40668 – 00100 NAIROBI
The applications for GSO Cadets, Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women to reach
the addressee on or before 27th November 2019. Candidates who will be shortlisted for
GSO Cadets and Specialist Officers shall be notified through the print media from 16th to
20th December 2019 and Tradesmen/women shall be notified through the print media
from 23rd to 29th December 2019. All candidates who had applied earlier MUST apply
The KDF Recruiting Teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the Recruiting Centres (County Headquarters) as indicated below to recruit General Service Officers, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables.
KDF RECRUITMENT Wednesday, 27 November 2019
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
MASALANI RED CROSS GROUND
KENYATTA STADIUM LAMU
MURUNGINE PRI SCH
TANA RIVER NORTH
EMUSIRE PRI SCH
SIGOR PRI SCH
KDF RECRUITMENT Thurday, 28 November 2019
Thursday, 28 November 2019
POLICE HQs HULUGHO
SHIANDA (MUMINI) PRI SCH
MOYALE DISUSED RUNWAY
KERINGET BOYS HIGH SCH
OL KALAU STADIUM
MUMBOHA SEC SCH
CHEPARERIA PRI SCH
KDF RECRUITMENT Friday, 29 November 2019
Friday, 29 November 2019
DADAAB PRI SCH
BUTERE GIRLS SEC SCH
KANGETA SUB COUNTY HQ’s
NJORO BOYS SECONDARY SCH
MBALE FRIENDS BOYS SCH
HABASWEIN AP CAMP GROUND
KDF RECRUITMENT Monday 2 December, 2019
Monday 2 November, 2019
MODOGASHE POLICE POST GROUND
KHWISERO GIRLS SEC SCH
KERICHO GREEN STADIUM
MOI GIRLS H. SCH VOKOLI
KABICHBICH PRI SCH
KDF RECRUITMENT Tuesday 3 December, 2019
Tuesday 3 December, 2019
CHESOI CELEBRATIONS GROUND
DEB PRI SCH
NDARAGUA PRI SCH
BUNA SUB COUNTY HQs GROUND
To see full KDF Recruitment advert in pdf form check out below;
Ministry of Defense has cautioned that bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law. All persons presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified documents or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted. If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitments.
Do not waste your money and risk imprisonment; NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.
For more information visit www.mod.go.ke / Twitter @kdfinfo