Following the advertisement for recruitment of teacher interns for Primary schools, the County Director is required to conduct a selection exercise for applicants wishing to be engaged in their respective Counties; and submit the County Merit List to the Teachers Service Commission Headquarters. The list should be ratified by the County Selection Panel.
Read also: TSC Releases Recruitment Guidelines, Score Sheet For Intern Teachers – Secondary Schools
The Selection Panel will be expected to exercise the highest degree of transparency and accountability, as stipulated in the Public Officers Ethics Act, and Teachers Service Commission Code of Conduct and Ethics for Teachers.
Read also: How to apply for TSC Internship jobs online through TSC Website (hrmis.tsc.go.ke)
The Teachers Service Commission Sub–County Director is required to induct members of the Selection panel on the relevant areas of the Teachers Service Commission Act; the Teachers Service Commission Code of Regulations for Teachers; and relevant administrative procedures prior to the commencement of the exercise.
The Teachers Service Commission County Director MUST ensure that the recruitment process is done in strict adherence to the protocols by the Ministry of Health on containment of COVID– 19 pandemic.
General Information To Applicants
- All applicants must be registered teachers as per Section 23(1) of the Teachers Service Commission Act, 2012. Applicants who are not registered do not eligible for recruitment.
- Applicants who apply for confirmation of results from Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) should provide the address of the County Director where they tendered their application.
- It will be the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that the KNEC results are received by the respective County Directors within 14 days of verification of their certificates by the County Directors.
- Applicants whose names differ in the certificates, testimonials and/or identity cards/passports are required to provide duly sworn Affidavit explaining the variation In names or the sequence thereof.
- Applicants who re-sat either KCPE or KCSE examinations (or their equivalent) MUST present certified copies of the certificate(s) of the national examination(s) in question for all attempts.
- Applicants will be required to submit their applications to: The Secretary, Teachers Service Commission through the online platform www.teacheronline.tsc.go.ke for the county where a vacancy has been declared.
- Applicants who were previously employed by the Commission DO NOT qualify for the internship programme.
- A system-generated Merit list will be sent to the County Director. Upon receipt of the Merit List, the County Director shall share with the respective Sub-County Directors. Sub – County Directors shall use the Merit list to communicate selection date and venue in consultation with the County Director.
- During the selection, each applicant shall be given a Serial Number. Applicants must present original and legible photocopies of the following, among other relevant documents: –
- National Identification Card;
- National Council of Persons with Disability (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
- KCPE Certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one repeated exams);
- KCSE Certificates or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one repeated exams);
- PTE Certificate;
- Certificate of registration as a teacher;
- Sworn Affidavit where names appearing on the submitted documents differ;
- Primary and Secondary Schools leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials.
10. Applicants with special needs, especially challenges relating to speech and/or hearing shall be allowed the company and support of a sign language interpreter or an appropriate Assistant.
11. All applicants, regardless of gender, disability, ethnicity or home County shall be given equal opportunity. However, in case of a tie in the scores by the applicants, consideration will be given on the following in their order of priority:
- Applicant‘s disability status, if any;
- The Applicant‘s performance/grade in teaching practice;
- The applicant (s) who graduated earlier in time;
- Academic and professional performance demonstrated through certificates i.e. higher aggregate KCSE grade.
The selection date and venue MUST be displayed on Notice Boards at the County, Sub–County and Zonal offices at least seven (7) days before the selection exercise.
The Selection Panel shall vet each applicant to establish if he/she meets the requirements as per the advertisement.
SUB COUNTY SELECTION PANEL
The Selection Panel shall comprise of the following members: –
- The Sub County Director
- Sub County Human Resource Officer
- Zonal Curriculum Support Officers (2)
Here is the score sheet recruitment and employment Intern Teachers 2020/2021
|P1 Qualifications (SORING AREAS)||SCORE|
|LENGTH OF STAY SINCE GRADUATION|
|2012 and before||60|
|2019 and after||25|
An applicant dissatisfied with the conduct of the recruitment exercise for any reason in breach of the Guidelines should immediately submit a written complaint to the County Director and send an e–mail thereof to the Teachers Service Commission Headquarters through: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than seven (7) days after the selection exercise;
Upon receipt of the complaint, the County Director should, within seven (7) days analyze and address the issue/s raised and thereafter respond to the complainant and submit a Report to the Headquarters elaborating on the matter and indicating the action taken.
Where the complaint is made against the County Director, the TSC Headquarters shall investigate the allegations and take appropriate remedial action.