The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has invited students to apply for second and subsequent Undergraduate Loan 2020-2021 financial year.
According to board deadline for subsequent application is on June 30, 2020.
Eligible applicants include recent beneficiaries of the undergraduate loan , students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service (KUCCPS) in the local and private universities.
Also students pursuing Bachelor’s degree Self-sponsored, Parallel and Module II.
HELB Mobile Loan App
One of the greatest milestones HELB has achieved so far is making it possible for subsequent loan application to be done through HELB MOBILE LOAN APP or USSD code.
To apply through the HELB mobile app, first download it from google play store and follow simple and straightforward steps to register to enable you complete the loan application process.
Good news is that if you do not have an android phone you can still make your application seamlessly through a USSD code. All you need to do is dial *642# and you choose option 1 to login.
You will receive a one time password that will enable you to apply.
HELB Subsequent application Procedure
- Register your details either via mobile loan app or USSD code.
- Select the loan application form
- Fill in the details and submit
The mobile number verification fee is Ksh 1 payable via M-Pesa. Airtel and Telkom subscribers will be redirected to the student portal.
It is worth noting that providing incorrect details is wrong and can lead to misdirected funds or non-disbursement. This therefore means applicants should be cautious while applying.
FREQUENTLY ASKE QUESTIONS ON HELB SUBSEQUENT APPLICATION VIA MOBILE APP OR USSD CODE
Here are some of the questions that are frequently asked concerning HELB mobile app and USSD code.
- Q: How do I get the HELB mobile app? A: Go to Google play store and type HELB mobile app to download for free.
- Q: I do not have an android or a smart phone, how do I apply? A: Kindly dial *642# to apply
- Q: I have not received a One Time Password code (OTP) A: The OTP code is sent to the mobile number you provided during HELB App registration. If you have not received the OTP code, you may resend the request after 5 min.
- Q: What if I changed my mobile phone number? A: Please register the new phone number in the HELB App.
- Q: I used a wrong pin number and now my app is blocked how can I access the app? A: Please click on reset pin to enter a new pin and confirm it.
- Q: How much does it cost me to do the application? A: The application is free. However, you will be charged Kshs.1 through MPESA to authenticate your phone number. The amount will be deposited to your loan repayment account.
- Q: I do not have a Safaricom line how can I access the application? A: Unfortunately, the HELB App can only support Safaricom subscribers at the moment, but we are working to ensure other subscribers come on board.
- Q: What happens if the telephone number am using is not registered under my name? A: The telephone number MUST be registered under your name to proceed with loan application.
- Q: What if I change my Mobile handset after initial registration? A:Contact HELB Contact Center on 0711052000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your details
- Q: What Loan applications are currently on the HELB App? A: Currently only Undergraduate Subsequent 2020/2021 loan form is available. Other loan application services will be added in due course.
- Q: I never applied for the First-time Undergraduate application; Can I apply for subsequent loan through the App? A: No.Only applicants who had applied for undergraduate first-time application in the recent three years are eligible to apply the subsequent loan.
- Q: How much to I need to apply for? A: There is no need to indicate the loan amount. HELB will allocate an amount as per your previous loan award.
- Q: I am not satisfied with my previous loan award. A: You may appeal for a review of your loan award during the loan review period.
- Q: Do I need to submit the physical loan application after I complete the application through mobile app? A: No. You do not need to submit the physical form. Application through the mobile app is enough.
- Q: My institution details are not correct. How do I edit? A: Go to my account on the HELB App then click on Institution, then click on edit.
Incase of enquiries, one can reach HELB through the following platforms;
|Facebook and Twitter||@HELBpage|