HELB is responsible for sponsoring scholars who have qualified for higher education, but cannot finance their studies. Although the application for HELB is done online, one needs to download the dully filled form so that it can be signed. The maximum amount of HELB that each university student can get is ksh. 60,000 and the minimum HELB loan awarded to students is ksh. 35,000.
Remember that HELB loan is a guarantee to all students so long as you have filled your form accurately. HELB does not select on which students to award HELB and which one not to award.
For the first time applicant, one needs to have some documents. These are the documents you must have
- National ID
- Bank account (Equity bank is preferably the best)
- A KRA PIN (To get a KRA pin go to any Cyber and they will help you to generate a KRA pin from the Kenya Revenue Authority)
- KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS Parents Details (Photocopy of their Identification Card)
- An email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
If you have all the above documents then you are good to go now. To proceed with creating your account follow these steps:
- Visit the HELB portal clicking here
- Click on the tab indicated create account to create your own account.
- Now that you have created your acvount log into it and click on the link First Time Undergraduate Loan
- Start filling you form accurately without skipping any field. Among the fields you willbe expected to fill include personal details, education, university, parents, familyexpenses, guarantors, and Bank details.
- Confirm that you have filled your form correctly thereafter go to home page and the click the icon indicated “Print form” to print your HELB Form.
- Finally, after printing your HELB form, ensure that all signatures required have been appended appropriately.
The fully filled and signed form can now be taken to the nearest Huduma Center or HELB offices at Anniversary Tower.
Incase of enquiries, one can reach HELB through the following platforms;
|Facebook and Twitter