The Kenya National Examinations Council will administer School Based to grade 4 and 5 during this month of November.
According earlier communication from KNEC Assessment to learners in Grades 3, 4, 5, 6 and Foundation & Intermediate Levels as earlier communicated in a circular referenced KNEC/GEN/TD/CIR/CBA/2022/001, dated 28th June 2022.
Learners in Grade 6 and Intermediate Level will took their SBA in second term of the school calendar, from 29th August to 9th September 2022 while Grade 4, 5 and learners at the Foundation Level will take the assessment in the third term from 30th October to 11th November 2022.
SBA tools for Grade 6 will be provided in two formats: PDF format and digital format through the cba portal https://cba.knecac.ke as follows:
- Schools will be required to log in using the school credentials. (Username and password).
- Schools will access the tools in PDF format and download.
- The tools will then be given to learners in either print format, projected on the screen or written on the board.
- Depending on the format adopted, learners may write their responses on the question paper or on the provided writing materials such as exercise books.
- To access the tools in this format, individual learners will be required to log into the portal using their respective assessment numbers.
- Upon logging in, learners will access the tools directly via digital devices such as the Digital Learning Programme (DLP) tablets available in schools.
- Learners will be expected to give their responses on writing materials provided by the school.
The two formats of assessment tools will be displayed on the CBA portal dashboard using different buttons. Schools are encouraged to allow learners access the tools directly using the DLPs or any other available digital devices such as desktop computers and laptops. This will help schools save on printing cost. Those who may have challenges with the direct access may opt for the pdf format.
It is also important to note that a detailed user manual describing the step by step on how to access the tools, instructions, scoring guides and how to upload learners’ scores is available on the CBA portal.
HEAD OFFICE: National Housing Corporation Building, Aga Khan walk,
P O Box 73598 – 00200 City Square, NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone: (+254-20) 341098/50/71, 317419/12/13, 341113 Fax: (+254-20) 2226032
E-mail: ceoQknec.ac.ke; Website: www.knec.ac.ke