COVID-19: Kenya confirms the fourth case at a private facility

Health-CS-Mutahi Kagwe

Kenya has confirmed another case for coronavirus, making the total number of persons who have tested positive to be four.

While speaking at Afya House in a televised address, health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Tuesday announced, the latest case is a travelled from London and arrived in the country on March 9, 2020.

“We are currently tracing those who may have come into contact with the patient,” CS Kagwe said.

The patient has been isolated at a private hospital facility.

Kenya confirmed its first case of coronavirus last Friday, and President Uhuru Kenyatta on Sunday announced the confirmation of two more cases.

Since then drastic measures have been put in place to contain the spread of the virus.

The  head of state ordered the closure of schools and institutions of higher learning, and urged Kenyans  to work from home to prevent the potential spread of Covid-19.

In the mean time, health CS Mutahi Kagwe urged people to practice personal hygiene since its one of the best ways of combating the virus.

“Ensure you wash your hands and avoid handshakes…this is not against our culture. We need to take these measures to contain the virus,” he said.