Teacher service commission (TSC) is a body that employs and dismisses teachers in Kenya. The body can post a teacher in any school in Kenya, regardless of whether the teacher applied for that school or not.
Despite the fact that teachers working in certain regions in Kenya are paid hardship allowances, the kind of risks they face are life threatening. Apart from harsh climatic conditions, insecurity is one factor that qualifies a place to be grouped under hardship area.
Teachers in hardships regions face myriads of problems ranging from poor infrastructures to shockingly bad working conditions. The following are counties that have been captured by the commission as hardship areas for teachers in Kenya;
2. Mandera County
3. Wajir County
4. Marsabit County
5. Samburu County
6. West Pokot County
7. Tana River County
8. Narok County
9. Kwale County
10. Garissa County
12. Taita Taveta County
13. Isiolo County
14. Lamu County
It should be noted that some counties have been listed under hardship areas, but not all schools have been captured by the commission as hardship centres.
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2018
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2018
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2018
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2018
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in kenya 2018