Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Carrying out regular visits to schools, observe teaching techniques, give demonstration lessons and advice teachers on methods and resources needed for effective teaching and learning;
- Coordinating the Collection, collation and submission of data on school enrollment, establishment, staffing and other related information;
- Coordinating the organization and management of co-curriculum activities;
- Coordinating training needs of teachers and heads of institutions and advise the Commission accordingly;
- Organizing and conducting courses on curriculum delivery and implementation through seminars, workshops, retreats and in service programs in conjunction with the sub county director;
- Coordinating the identification and acquisition of appropriate teaching and learning resources;
- Ensuring teachers develop teaching aids and other reference materials;
- Ensuring teachers are updated on curriculum changes, pedagogy, content coverage and other emerging issues in the teaching service; (ix) Working with the quality assurance officer to improve teaching and learning.
- Carry out Performance Appraisal of staff below them;
- Coordinating identification, assessment and placement of children with special needs in SNE institutions;
- Advising the Commission on the staffing needs of special schools and career progression and professional development of SNE teachers;
- Monitoring and ensure compliance with special needs education delivery standards;
- Monitoring the conduct of special needs education teachers in the management of special needs learners; and
- Maintaining data on SNE schools and learners.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, one must have:
- Served as a teacher for a minimum period of 15years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized institution; OR Bachelors degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in Education/special education from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications skills;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution; and (vii) Management course for not less than 2 weeks.