Basic Salary, House allowance, Commuter Allowance and Kuppet Deduction of Teacher II (Grade C2)
A newly graduate teacher under TSC falls under grade C2 in the new TSC grading system. This was formerly known as job group K. After the implementation of second phase of CBA, a teacher in this grade will take home a basic salary of Ksh34,955.
A teacher in grade C2 enjoys a monthly rental house allowance of ksh7,500 according to the 2021-2025 CBA. Teacher II is also entitled to monthly Commuter allowance of kshs5,000.
KUPPET deduction kshs629.
Basic Salary, Rental House Allowance, Commuter Allowance and Kuppet Deduction of Teacher I (Grade C3)
A teacher automatically moves to grade C3 formerly job group L, after completing probation. Teacher I enjoys a monthly basic salary of kshs49,912.
On top of basic salary, grade C2 teacher is entitled to a rental house allowance and Commuter allowance of kshs13,000 and kshs 6,000 respectively each month.
KUPPET union Deduction kshs898.
Basic Salary, Rental House Allowance, Commuter Allowance and KNUT Deduction of Senior Master III (Grade C4)
For a teacher to move from grade C3 to grade C4 a rigorous promotion interview is conducted. In grade C3 a teacher qualifies for administrative post. Grade C3 was formerly job group M.
Senior Master III enjoys a monthly basic salary of kshs60,613. In addition, grade C3 teacher is entitled to a rental house allowance and Commuter allowance of kshs13,000 and kshs8,000 respectively every month.
KNUT Deduction is kshs1,200.
Its important to note that rental house allowance varies from one place to another. To get comprehensive analysis of house allowance for all teachers in Kenya click here.
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2023
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2023
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2023
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2023
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in kenya 2023